Visit The Local Market at Celebrate the Season for an ever-growing selection of local produce, meat, cheese, wine and beer. The seasonal Backyard Farm Center offers plant starts, greenhouses, chicken coops and more – made right here in Bend, Oregon!
The Local Market is open Tuesday – Friday 10AM – 6PM & Saturdays from 9AM – 5PM.
The Backyard Farm Center is now open for the 2013 season,
Fridays 10AM – 6PM & Saturdays 10AM -5PM.
The Local Market offers:
- Eggs: farm fresh eggs from about 10 backyard farmers in Bend Oregon
- Meat: ground beef, beef stew, beef kabobs, beef roasts, beef short ribs, beef brisket, T-bone, NY, tri-tip, rib, & tenderloin steaks, from Barley Beef and DD Ranch, we have pork chops, ground pork, cottage bacon, jowl bacon, peppered bacon, smoked bacon, pork sausage, pork links, pork cutlets, pork tenderloin, whole chickens, chicken legs and thighs, boneless chicken breasts, gizzards, polish sausage, from Great American Egg, ground turkey and turkey sausage – sage & maple, big turkey legs, and even pheasant, from Wild Opinion Ranch, we have humanly raised veal steaks from The Land Stand Farm, ground veal, veal roasts, veal cutlets and steaks, stew meat, osso bucco – veal and lamb, lamb shanks, lamb chops, lamb stew meat, ground lamb, lamb kabobs, from The Lamb Lady, wild salmon, wild albacore tuna, handcrafted salami’s from Olympic Provisions, Chop, & Fino en Fando, chicken broth, chicken stock, bacon jam
- Cheese: Cada Dia cheese, cheddar, garlic cheddar, jalapeño cheddar, feta, Juniper Grove goat cheese, Ancient Heritage cheese, blue cheese, specialty maple goat cheese, parmesan cheese, romano cheese, Do-It-Yourself cheese kits
- Lunch: Little Bite sandwiches, fresh made salads, sauerkraut, beetkraut, kimchi
- Produce: apples & oranges, lemons, potatoes & garlic GROWN RIGHT HERE, onions ~ & more produce to come in the summer.
- Drinks: kombucha – Brew Dr. & Invisible Alchemy, lavender dry soda, vanilla dry soda, orange dry soda, elderberry soda, more than 40 kinds of Wine – including wine purses, 0more than 20 kinds of beer, 5 kinds of box wine, 7 champagne to choose from, tawny, sake, hard ciders, meads, tomato juice, pomegranate juice, grapefruit juice, cranberry juice, Bloody Mary seasoning mix, root beer, ginger beer, tonic water, and more. T’s Tonics: citris hibiscus tea, central oregon outback tea, rooibos, green tea, winter wonder tea, mellow yellow tea, Kusmi black tea, Herbal Goddess tea, Steven Smith tea bags – jasmine, meadow, hibiscus, black, Metolius earl grey and maté, bulk tea metal infusers, make-your-own-tea-bags, Backporch coffee, coffee filters, instant espresso coffee
- Snacks: Paleo eats cookies, energy bars, pumpkin muffins, and choc chip cookie dough, O’Hana salsa medium & hot, no bake cookies – peanut butter, chocolate, & coconut macadamia, whole milk, Oregon hazelnut butter (think peanut butter only more awesome), Jem: cinnamon red maca almond butter, super acai berry, and hazelnut chocolate butter, Oregon dried cranberries, dried apricot halves, dried figs, dates, raisins, golden raisins, shredded coconut, walnuts, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, Juanita’s corn chips, pretzels, Tim’s potato chips – individual & family size, Oregon glutenfree crackers – sharp cheddar (a more delicious Cheeze-It), harvest bounty, & harvest vegetable, glutenfree graham crackers, Popchips BBQ popcorn, Beecher’s plain, cheese, and honey hazelnut crackers, Cosmos glutenfree baked corn with sea salt or caramel or both, plain beef jerky, peppered jerky, Cajun jerky, sweet n’ spicy jerky, and Buffalo jerky, soft licorice sticks, candied almonds, fruit bars, granola bars: honey almond, almond chocolate cherry chocolate, cranberry walnut, sesame crackers
- Chocolate: dagoba organic chocolate, chocolate strawberries, breath mints, Be Bop biscotti, chocolate covered almonds, chocolate covered espresso beans, milk and dark chocolate bars, Jem raw chocolate, individual chocolate squares, bacon chocolate bar, chocolate truffles, english toffee, coffee toffee, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips
- Pantry: demerara sugar, light muscovado sugar, dark muscovado sugar, shredded coconut, decorative sugars (orange, green, blue, white), vanilla extract, chocolate brownie mix, cookie decoration kit, lady fingers, bean soup, barley and vegetable soup, lemolo white bean & chicken soup, minestrone soup, lentils, 4-bean chili mix, green split peas, cranberry beans, orca beans, black beans, canned white kidney beans, polenta, wild rice, bulgur wheat, brown rice, basmati rice, emmer farro, white quinoa, organic flour, glutenfree flour, xanthan gum, Pamela’s brownie and pancake mixes
- Jam: strawberry, red raspberry, blueberry, peach, lemon pear, cranberry apple, apple fennel, sweet potato, pumpkin, pear hazelnut, cherry, black cherry, blackberry
- Local Honey: Central Oregon Honey, wildflower honey, honey on the comb
- Sauces & Dressing: safflower oil, red wine vinegar, Pinot Noir vinegar, 4 kinds of standard balsamic vinegar & olive oils, Oregon Olive Oil, plus bacon balsamic dressing, balsamic marinating sauce, Tuscan herb dressing, lemon mustard dill sauce, cracked pepper garlic marinade, California sauce, chunky garlic sauce, red pepper sauce, green pepper sauce, hott sauce, verde hot sauce, secret aardvark (shhh!), Indian curry ketchup, champagne & honey mustard, dill mustard, honey & balsamic mustard, chipotle mustard, yellow mustard, spicy brown mustard, dijon mustard, Oregon Ducks & Beavers mustard, relish, sweet n’ spicy bread & butter pickled, spicy pickled green beans, capers, olives, pickled figs, pickled raisins, pickled plums, Thai kitchen chili jam, Thai peanut sauce, tomato paste tubes, canned Rega tomatoes, diced tomatoes, vodka sauce, puttanesca sauce
- Noodles: glutenfree spaghetti, glutenfree penne pasta, glutenfree lasagna, egg noodles, bucantini wheat spaghetti,
- Local Music: Tim Coffey♫, LeRoy Newport & Friends♫, Hilst & Coffey♪, and Shireen Amini♪
- Products: duct tape wallets (handcrafted by a local youngster), handmade stuffed animals for the kids, baby food mill, mini food mill, decorative wine bags, handmade earrings (vegetables, flowers, feathers), bottle cap earrings, bobby pins, necklaces, rings, key chains, local art, pin cushions, magnetic dots, “Buy Fresh Buy Local” stickers, tote bags, large harvesting baskets, 10 shapes and sizes of wooden spoons, driftwood plates and bowls, wine bottle openers, birthday cards, cupcake cases, party hats, birthday decorations, paper plates, napkins, beeswax birthday candles, beeswax candles
- Kitchen Supplies: handtowels galore, oven mits, hot pads, pepper grinder, olive oil dispensers, salt and peppers shakers, measuring cups, measuring spoons, juice press, mason drinking jars, canning and pickling jars, fabric produce bags, Debbie Meyer’s green bags, pickling lime, pectin, thermoses, stoneware fermenting crocks, ceramic jars, cast iron skillets, ceramic appetizer plates
- Herbs: teas, herbal first aid home and wilderness kit, herbal cold and flu kit, essential oils
- Books: gardening, vegan cooking, paleo recipes, raising chickens, eating local, herbivore cookbook, vertical gardening, and landscaping among others.
- Body care: Sweet almond natural lotion, green tea natural lotion, moisturizing in 5 delicious scents, leave-in conditioner, healing salve, fungus fighter, natural disinfectants, honey lip moisturizer, salve, foot cream, sunscreen, various natural beer soaps, goats milk soap, bath salts, milk & honey body cream, hawaiian, lavender body lotion, honey body lotion, spring meadow body lotion, vanilla body lotion, soy candles, pure beeswax candles, olive oil soap, tea tree shampoo, lemon shampoo, and rosemary shampoo, all natural deodorants, corn huskers lotion, aloe vera soap, olive oil body lotion, olive oil soap, fig body lotion, castile soap, powdered cleanser, and Bulk Dani’s refillable shampoo, Dani’s conditioner, Dani’s handwash, Dani’s body lotion – organic and made in Bend. Agave fiber washcloth, eco sponge, and hardwood brush.
- Herbs & Spices: BBQ spice, allspice, anise, basil bay leaf, celery, caraway, chamomile, chives, chili powder, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, cumin, crushed red pepper, curry, dill, fennel, ginger, lavender, powered lemon peel, mustard seed yellow and brown, nutmeg, oregano, paprika, pickling spice, poppy seed, rosemary, sage, sesame seed, stevia, tarragon, thyme, tumeric, coriander, black pepper, hot peppers, celery leaf, sea salt, poultry rub, italian herb salad dressing mix, powdered onion
- Seeds: cold-hardy non-GMO vegetable seeds to start your garden! Click here for full list
- Beautiful cutting boards (made right here!) of walnut, mahogany, alder, juniper, cheery, maple, bamboo, oak, and hickory. Wood block oil
- We keep the most current press of The Source, LoVE, COCC class schedules, and upcoming events so stop by and stay current!
- Baby chicks!!!! And everything you need for your chickens and backyard farm & garden.
Come visit us to see how easy it is to ‘make local habit’. We’re source nearly all of our products from local vendors, farmers, ranchers, apiarists, and artisans and then fill in the gaps with NW Distributors.